MySQL Tutorial

Posted on January 12, 2017, 10:43 am
49 secs

Cheat Sheet / Transcript is Here : http://goo.gl/Z1p50M

Best MySQL Book : http://goo.gl/zJC254

Support Me on Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/derekbanas

Welcome to my MySQL video tutorial. I’ll cover 95 – 98% of everything you’ll ever need to know in one video.

I cover creating / destroying databases, creating / destroying tables, data types, NULL, DEFAULT, ENUM, AUTO_INCREMENT, primary keys, foreign keys, atomic data, normalized, DESCRIBE, INSERT, ALTER, SELECT, SHOW, RENAME, WHERE, logical operators, comparison operators, ORDER BY, GROUP BY, LIMIT, string operators, joins, LIKE, DISTINCT, math functions and more.

source

43 Responses to: MySQL Tutorial

1. January 12th, 2017

Legendary tutorial, thanks it's a big help !!

2. January 12th, 2017

you should look into being an IT DB instructor, my instructor just rambles on forever about meaningless babble, and all the useful info gets lost in the boring babbling. I like a very direct, cut and dry instruction, without much to distract me from the content, like the way you made this video. seeing it being worked and operated, helps me to understand better.

3. January 12th, 2017

actually I created tables in MySQL then after what can I do pls help to me. and I didn't get export and import my data.

4. January 12th, 2017

A good quick review. Thanks Bro.

5. January 12th, 2017

Thank You! I really mean it. I can't believe you put all this into one video. MySQL in now my favorite language, along side HTML and CSS. I can't thank you enough for your effort.

6. January 12th, 2017

great, super applicable to other sql setups with a little digging, thanks

7. January 12th, 2017

derek, can i change the order of the entered information in the table

8. January 12th, 2017

mysql>
    -> CREATE DATABASE test4

I can get into the database but I can't do anything else after this including CREATE DATABASE or show databases. Any idea where i'm going wrong? Thanks in advance!

9. January 12th, 2017

All of these tutorials are making me feel like I'm getting an Ivy League education. Thanks again Derek!!

10. January 12th, 2017

I figured it out myself. But this video was helpful.

11. January 12th, 2017

I did watch the whole thing. Ridiculously useful. I love your vids and your channel is often the first place I look when I want to learn something new.

Quick question. You introduced MySQL workbench in the beginning and then never went back to it. I was wondering why?

12. January 12th, 2017

Watched the whole thing, was a bit quick, but got a lot of relevant info in 40 min. Get to know the basic basics. Great help to have a small foundation to build upon when learning new stuff like this.

13. January 12th, 2017

I have a exam tomorrow I was not prepared for it but after watching your video I know every last bit of it ….. thanks a lot .
    I shared the video with my class mates their reviews were positive too. THANKS AGAIN👏

14. January 12th, 2017

How do I take the information from the database and make it into a comma separated list?

15. January 12th, 2017

Great video, it was was my first introduction to mySQL. Now I'm trying to learn how to take information from a form on my website and put into a database and later view that information from the website as well. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

16. January 12th, 2017

Learned more watching this video than I have from listening to my lecturer for 3 months, thanks so much!

17. January 12th, 2017

Thank you. I did some MySQL about 10 years ago and this has been an excellent refresher. Now it's time for the PHP MySQL tutorial – breakfast can wait :-)

18. January 12th, 2017

Perfect man thank you so much .if you can join this with java that's will be amazing work for me

19. January 12th, 2017

thanks for making this, very helpful !

20. January 12th, 2017

I personally think that this video is excellent for reviewing purpose, not a very desirable tutorial for learners starting from zero.

21. January 12th, 2017

I can't use "auto_increment primary key" or else I get "Incorrect column specifier for column <whatever is the last column>".

22. January 12th, 2017

At 25:16, why is it okay to order state in ASC and last_name in DESC? What if last_name is Cooper and state is AZ? How would it be sorted?

23. January 12th, 2017

Great video, to the point and everything was explained

24. January 12th, 2017

Your video is excellent and I have bookmarked to watch again anytime I need to refer (my "v-textbook"…lol). I have this question for you: Why do you choose a primary key by combining two foreign keys instead of using a simple primary key as done with the other tables? As a 2-day old mysql database student (I have some sql knowledge) , I would have chosen a single primary key…Any advantage,trap,technicalities?

25. January 12th, 2017

Great video! I've learned more in this video than in an entire week at uni.

26. January 12th, 2017

Always shining M. Derek.
    When ever you need a refresh on a IT topic go and look for Derek Banas videos, you won't regret it. BRAVO.

27. January 12th, 2017

derek you literally saved me thanks for the short and great lesson

28. January 12th, 2017

You Just thought me the whole SQL I will ever need 🙂

29. January 12th, 2017

THIS VIDEO HELPED ME LAND A SWEET JOB!!! THANK YOU, DEREK!!!!!!!!!!!

30. January 12th, 2017

I had followed a lot of tutorials before I ran into yours. By far this is one of the best tutorials out there. Thank you for taking the time.

31. January 12th, 2017

These types of video are worth gold. Thank you so much man. You're helping me a lot. I was always searching for videos that were on point so that I don't have to deal with beginner stuff all the time. Thank you so much man, keep doing this :D

32. January 12th, 2017

i made it, had to back it up a few times, but hey, thanks for the intro!

33. January 12th, 2017

Very good tutorial, thank you!